Dr. Abhin Singla, MD
Dr. Abhin Singla, M.D. specializes in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine, and has served as the Medical Director for numerous hospital and clinical treatment programs, providing expertise in complicated medical patients. He is a pioneer in the diagnosis and treatment of Leadership Fatigue.
Singla’s career has been dedicated to advocacy, medical care, medical management, research and treatment of all forms of addictions, including alcohol, drugs, and food addictions. In addition, he is a recognized expert in protocol development for the dually diagnosed and is a board member of the Illinois Society of Addiction Medicine. He served as the Practicing Physician and Chairman of the Managed Care Committee of Adventist Health Partners in Hinsdale, Illinois and is renowned for his work in developing alternative therapies as adjunctive protocols in the treatment of addictive disorders
A Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Chicago Medical School and also at Rush Medical School in Chicago, Abhin earned his Bachelors degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Illinois, his MD at the University of Illinois, and completed his Residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Illinois. He completed a Fellowship in Addiction Medicine at the University of Illinois with Dr. R. Ready.
In addition to his work as a board-certified internist, Singla is serial entrepreneur in numerous electronic medical ventures that have included
· Development of software systems for the management of medications and safety interactions in prescribing
· Development of electronic medical records using native handwriting,
· Development and implementation of telemedicine systems and virtual live medical consultation systems between tertiary care facilities and third world countries.
· Development of non-invasive blood glucometer, ambulatory sphygmomanometer for use via the www and internet
· Development of the first web-based retrospective clinical study
Dr Singla is a charismatic and popular guest on numerous media shows, including Oprah. He has a frequent guest on radio talk shows and has been featured numerous times in Chicago print media and on community access television.